Re: st: RE: How to "reverse" log transformated result

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: How to "reverse" log transformated result
Date   Wed, 28 Sep 2011 08:44:08 -0400

If you use generalize linear models with a log link, you don't have to
back transform. If you use log of the dependent variable in a regression
and back transform, you are actually getting estimates for the median
and not the mean. This could be important in economics if you are really
interested in totals and so you would require the means.

So, you could use a multi-level model with a log link in your case.

Dave

David J Svendsgaard, PhD
Biostatistician
EPA/ORD/NCEA/RTP, Mail Drop B-243-01