Re: st: weights in pooled repeated cross sections

From   Steven Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: weights in pooled repeated cross sections
Date   Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:50:49 -0400

You can use the individual weights, Ivica, but divide by 4 so that they sum to the average population total over the four years

You still have to write the rest of the -svyset- command.  If the PSUs did not change over the four years, then treat the pooled sample as one large sample, and use the same -svyset- statement that you would use for a single year.  If some PSUs changed you will have to do some stratum recoding. For an example see