st: Districts in PSM

From   Henrik Wiig <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Districts in PSM
Date   Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:06:35 +0200

Hi Statalist!

My cross section dataset is collected from 10 district with different local cultures and hence omitted variables that both affects my treatment and dependent variable. I would hence like to run Propensity Score Matching (PSM), but then only compare treatment with control households within each district, not between districts.

Does a ready made command in Stata exist? If not, someone gave me a tip of programming the operation in an .ado file. Have anyone done this and could hence send me an example of how this is done?

Hoping for help!