st: weights in pooled repeated cross sections

From   "Ivica Rubil" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: weights in pooled repeated cross sections
Date   Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:03:47 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to pool four repeated cross-sections of Croatian Hpusehold
Budget Survey.
For each year that I want to pool, I have sampling weights for each
observation (both household and person).
My questions are: What should I do with the weights once I pool the four
datasets? Is it wrong to use
dataset-specific weights in the pooled dataset and just run estimation
commands with the weight option, if
available? I am confused. Please, help.

Ivica Rubil

Ivica Rubil
Ekonomski institut / The Institute of Economics, Zagreb
Trg J. F. Kennedyja 7, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
tel. +385-1-2362-269
fax. +385-1-2335-165