Re: st: RES: multistage sample survey and coding

From   William Buchanan <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RES: multistage sample survey and coding
Date   Sat, 24 Sep 2011 09:21:08 -0700

Hi Ruwan,

You should take a look at the section of the manual that discusses Finite Population Correction.  There is also a website for the book "Applied Survey Data Analysis" from the folks at U Michigan that has tons of great information and useful Stata examples that can help you out.  The authors of the book are also excellent with getting back to people quickly about questions like this.  But if you can determine the FPC at each of the stages it should prevent Stata from assuming that the subjects were sampled with replacement.

Billy Buchanan

Sent from my iPhone