st: Decomposition method for discrete-time event-history models?

From   Timo Kauppinen <>
Subject   st: Decomposition method for discrete-time event-history models?
Date   Fri, 09 Sep 2011 00:12:45 +0300

I have a simple question for which I haven't been able to find an answer, though. Is there a decomposition method similar to Fairlie's method (for example) that could be used with person-period data and a discrete-time event-history (logit) model? I guess that it is not OK just to use fairlie, given the data structure? The groups to be compared have unequal sizes. The gap to be decomposed is a difference in the probability of entry to home-ownership between two groups.

Timo Kauppinen
Department of Social Research
FI-20014 University of Turku