Re: st: RES: generating a variable with pre-specified correlations with other two (given) variables

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RES: generating a variable with pre-specified correlations with other two (given) variables
Date   Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:14:12 +0100

Richard's question is the more crucial one, but I guess that
Tirthankar meant -rnormal()-. Adding -runiform()- will add 0.5 on
average (although that could easily be fixed). Either way, adding
noise will reduce the correlations.

Nick