Re: st: RES: generating a variable with pre-specified correlations with other two (given) variables

From   Tirthankar Chakravarty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RES: generating a variable with pre-specified correlations with other two (given) variables
Date   Wed, 31 Aug 2011 05:47:30 -0700

Throw in some orthogonal, zero mean noise when constructing Z:

g z = .15625*x+.40625*y + runiform()

Tirthankar Chakravarty