Re: st: Store Results of a List?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Store Results of a List?
Date   Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:32:37 +0100

Strictly, -list- does not have results; it just displays data (and
sometimes other stuff too).

You can do this, or more precisely an equivalent,  but it sounds like
a bad idea, as if you have an idea on how to do something and imagine
that this is the first or needed step. It's not something that sounds
very natural in Stata.

You could always use Mata to get a vector with just these values.

I suggest you explain the underlying aim.

Nick

P.S. The term "local variable" is a solecism in Stata. See
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-08/msg01258.html

P.P.S. The list is not called Statlist!