Re: st: Useful labelling of dummy variables following logit

Subject   Re: st: Useful labelling of dummy variables following logit
Date   Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:56:31 +0200

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Tim Evans <Tim.Evans@wmciu.nhs.uk> wrote:
> Nick, Maarten
>
> I'm not sure I could add the title at the moment of creation due to the way I am calling the graphing code, since what I do is use one do file to execute the regression (which I know can change), and then I call another do file from within which essentially codes up all of the variables which will exist in the main dataset and then draw the graph (the format will not change, nor will the variables). Only the regression command changes hence why I have the graphing function in a separate do file.

.do files accept arguments, so if you call your graphing .do file
graph.do, you can write in you master.do file

do model1.do
do graph.do "model 1"

do model2.do
do graph.do  "model 2"

while graph.do is running the local macro `1' (for the first argument
passed to the .do file) will contain "model 1" in the first call and
and "model 2" in the second call. So when your graphing command
contains the option -title(`1')- you will get the correct titles for
each graph.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis