st: -svy- question

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, david.fredericks.au@gmail.com
Subject   st: -svy- question
Date   Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:03:17 +0100

This is from David Fredericks <david.fredericks.au@gmail.com>

I am calculating mean household consumption/expenditure and
constituent parts of household consumption/expenditure like total food
consumption, and consumption of own produced food.

I am using the svy command since

1.       the survey design samples about 25% of households;

2.       some of the strata (vuln = vulnerability) groups are somewhat
under sampled and

3.       the strata have different sampling frequencies (not my design).

Unfortunately, the output format command is not allowed with the
“mean” command and  “tabstat” is not allowed with “svy”

As a result my output is not well formatted  (Lao Kip is an annoying
output anyway!!)

EXAMPLE CODE

svy: mean an_hh_food_totcon an_hh_ownfood_con, over (vuln)

Over

Mean

Std. Err.

[95% Conf.

Interval]

an_hh_food~n

Vulnerable

2.31E+07

1569839

2.00E+07

2.61E+07

Poor

3.31E+07

1650400

2.98E+07

3.63E+07

Average

3.84E+07

1535237

3.54E+07

4.14E+07

Rich

4.50E+07

3259964

3.86E+07

5.14E+07

an_hh_ownf~n

Vulnerable

8626045

943956.8

6769295

1.05E+07

Poor

9574692

675307.3

8246371

1.09E+07

Average

1.24E+07

820947.9

1.08E+07

1.40E+07

Rich

1.82E+07

1948755

1.43E+07

2.20E+07

I can fix this in excel for final formatting of tables for the report
but I would love to be able to get the data in better format while I
run through the analyses.

Any suggestions?  Many thanks in advance.

David Fredericks
Development Consultant
Colombo, Sri Lanka

Skype: david.fredericks