Re: AW: st: Re: status of upgraded venndiag

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: AW: st: Re: status of upgraded venndiag
Date   Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:15:01 +0200

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:16 AM, guyard audrey <> wrote:
> I works with Stata 10.0
> I've got always the same trouble with Venn Diag, reference to the post from
> Bryan Sayer on the 1st April 2009
> I tried to fixed it with correction from Morten Andersen (on Apr 2, 2009).
> But it does not work.
> My Stata always crashes with venndiag

There is no such command Venn Diag in Stata, but there is a
userwritten command -venndiag- available on SSC, which you can
download by typing -ssc install venndiag-. As always when talking
about programs, the devil is in the detail, so you must be very
precise when discussing your problem.

On my Stata 10.2 on Windows 7 -venndiag- works fine as installed
without any need for "fixing".

Can you do the following:
Update to Stata 10.2? It is free. You can do so by typing in Stata
-update all- followed by -update swap-.
Run the example .do file that comes with -venndiag-, and tell us
exactly when it goes wrong and exactly describe how it goes wrong?
You can get the example .do file by typing in Stata -ssc desc
venndiag- followed by -net get venndiag-, the file is called

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen