Re: st: xtgee for skewed data

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: xtgee for skewed data
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:32:25 +0100

No, I don't think so. Your problem as I understand it is that your
response variable has granularity near 0 because the reportable values
start with  0 or 0.04.  This isn't a censoring or truncation problem.

The bigger questions for you are whether 0 is a plausible value and
also whether you want to entertain models that might predict negative
values for some combination of predictors.

Also, your variable sounds like a concentration so there is an upper
limit too, merely that it does not bite, i.e whatever it is will never
be solid beta carothen. whatever that is.

Some kind of -glm, f(binomial) vce(robust) link(logit)- as very often
discussed on this list might work better.