st: xtgee for skewed data

From   Andre Siqueira <andresiqueira10@hotmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: xtgee for skewed data
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:56:01 +0100

Dear members

I?d like some opinions about how to build a model of a very skewed data
(parasitemia) using GEE.
My data consist of repeated measures of parasitemia of many individuals
(some of them having only one measurement and others having up to five) I?d
like to assess the association with a 4-level exposures adjusted for 3
covariates. Only 5% of the measurements had a value above zero.
I?ve already discussed with some people who told me not to transform the
data and analyse it with a normal distribution, so I?ve built the following
model but I?m still in doubt if it?s the best way to do it:

Xtgee parasitemia i.main_exp i.co_var1 i.co_var2 i.co_var3, i(id)
vce(robust)

If anyone has an opinion I?d very much appreciate.

Best regards

Andre Machado Siqueira
Fundacao de Medicina Tropical
Gerência de Malaria