st: string function

From   Grace Jessie <>
To   <>
Subject   st: string function
Date   Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:42:52 +0000

Dear statalists,
How to count how many times a substring appears in a string?
For example,

And, how to check if a string variable has certain substrings?
With regard to this, I want to ask two functions.
For example,
One of what I want to do is to return 1 if a or b or c is included in "abcdaf", ;
the other is to return 1 if a, b and c are included in "abcdaf".
Could anyone tell me the correct functions for thoes above?
Thank you