Re: st: panel data

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: panel data
Date   Sun, 21 Aug 2011 09:40:09 +0100

There is nothing unofficial about such deprecation.

The Statalist FAQ, which all new members are asked to read before
making a post, says at 2.1.3

"It is long-standing practice on Statalist that most members,
especially the most active members who supply a large fraction of the
answers, post using their real names. This is one of the ways in which
we show respect to others. So we discourage you from posting from
behind fake names or identifiers. Such handles are particularly
objectionable if they include the word “Stata” in some way. Please
note that many members are less inclined to answer anonymous emails,
sometimes to the point of ignoring them on principle. These choices
are personal, but your chances of eliciting a good reply are greatly
diminished if you write and conceal your identity. Conversely, if you
decide just to watch and read on the list, your email identity remains
entirely up to you."

Nick