Notice: On March 31, it was announced that Statalist is moving from an email list to a forum. The old list will shut down at the end of May, and its replacement, statalist.org is already up and running.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
st: panel data
Stata Beginner <email@example.com>
st: panel data
Sun, 21 Aug 2011 00:26:50 -0700 (PDT)
I am very new this forum and I have never done panel data analysis in Stata and I am using Stata9.1 version. Also I apologize in advance if the answer to this was easy to find elsewhere ( I would appreciate if you could point me to that forum).
I have few questions regarding the panel data. First here are few details of the dataset I am working on:
- My dependent variable has the data for 23firms and 25years. Can I use panel data for this data set or do I need to use multiple time series analysis?
- I have 7 independent variables. let us name them :x1, x2, x3, x4, x5, x6, x7. Variables x1 to x4 has the data for all the 23 firms with all the 25 years.
- However, x5 has data for only 10 years while x6 and x7 has the data for only last year.
- So Can I run the panel data for y against x1 to x5 and run the simple OLS using the mean of y and mean of ( x1-x5) and x6 and x7?
- Also for the panel data, I have created ids and sorted the data on y(N) and y(t) and then can I run the following command?
areg y x1 x2 x3 x4 x5, absorb( idvar)
I appreciate your help!
* For searches and help try: