st: RE: Error in compute probabilities using oprobit

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Error in compute probabilities using oprobit
Date   Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:26:03 +0100

Not so weird.

First, is -norm()- documented as a function in your version of Stata? You should have checked that out first.

Second, -norm()- used to be part of Stata, and it's still there under version control.

. version 9 : di norm(.6)

. di normal(.6)

There is a slow shift towards more meaningful function names in Stata. If do-files and programs declare a -version-, as programmers are clearly advised, then nothing will be broken.

Daniel Marcelino

It is so weird,  I'm working on oprobit model using Stata 11.
The problem arrive when I try to compute predicted probabilities
against the variables of the model. I never got this error before, any

 di norm(_b[_cut1]-_b[Gender]*1)
unknown function norm()

 di norm(_b[/cut1]-_b[Gender]*1)
unknown function norm()