st: Sqreg error showing not enough observations

From   Phumzile Ncube <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Sqreg error showing not enough observations
Date   Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:06:37 +0200

Dear Stata users,

I am a Masters student using stata extensively for the first time this
year. I am using sqreg to assess earnings inequalities by sex over 9
years. I am estimating separate earnings variables for males and
females by year. For one of the male earnings variables, I keep
getting the error "not enough observations". I have 8845 observations
for this particular portion of the data and I am using 200
replications for the bootstrap standard errors. The model is a
standard Mincerian earnings equation which I have run on the 10th,
25th, 50th, 75th and 90th percentiles.

Could someone please tell me what I can do to overcome this problem?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Phumzile Ncube