st: last variable in the dataset

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <ovaldia@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: last variable in the dataset
Date   Sat, 13 Aug 2011 08:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am writing an -ado- program that merges several datasets with different variables. I need to know the name of the last variable after the merge.
Is there a way to get the name of the last variable or refer to the last variable in the dataset?

Thank you,
Ricardo

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Statistician