Re: st: what does mean by log likelihood value

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: what does mean by log likelihood value
Date   Fri, 12 Aug 2011 09:06:57 -0500

At 04:17 AM 8/12/2011, dk wrote:
I just want to know what does it mean by the log likelihood value,
take a example i have  log likelihood  = - 12.03 in one model and in
other = 322.003. what actually this values mean.. these values are
from different examples. In both the examples the model fits to the
data. I want to know what these values mean.

I try to explain it via a simple example at

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu