st: xtline with title containing variable value

From   Tanuku AP <>
To   Stata <>
Subject   st: xtline with title containing variable value
Date   Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:36:27 -0400

Hello all,

I looked through the list archives - there were similar problems discussed several years ago but not the same problem that I have.  The manuals weren't very helpful to me either.

I have a panel data set:

egen panelid = group(gutype gucode)
xtset panelid year

panelid was generated to ensure consecutive numbering.  I use --xtline-- to plot 30 panels at a time.

forvalues i=1(30)930 {

    local j = `i' + 29

    xtline hhi if panelid>=`i' & panelid<=`j'

The title of each panel chart shows the panelid.  How can replace it with other row variables viz.  gucode and gutype?

Thank you for your attention.