st: mlogit normalization

From   Patrick Roland <patrick.rolande@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: mlogit normalization
Date   Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:26:59 -0700

I'm trying to estimate a multinomial logit model. I'm imposing
restrictions on the parameters which make the model identified, even
without setting all of the parameters of one equation to 0. But the
default behaviour of mlogit is to normalize all of the parameters of
one equation to 0. Is there any way to override this?

The model I'm trying to estimate has utility from option j of U_j =
beta_j*p_j + e_j, where p_j is the price from option j.

Thanks!