Re: st: mlogit normalization

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: mlogit normalization
Date   Tue, 09 Aug 2011 19:59:34 -0500

At 06:26 PM 8/9/2011, Patrick Roland wrote:
I'm trying to estimate a multinomial logit model. I'm imposing
restrictions on the parameters which make the model identified, even
without setting all of the parameters of one equation to 0. But the
default behaviour of mlogit is to normalize all of the parameters of
one equation to 0. Is there any way to override this?

The model I'm trying to estimate has utility from option j of U_j =
beta_j*p_j + e_j, where p_j is the price from option j.

You might check out -listcoef-, which is part of Long and Freese's -spost9- package on Long's site. It is a handy command even if it won't do exactly what you want in this case.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam