Re: st: saving the confidence interval as a scalar

From   Steven Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: saving the confidence interval as a scalar
Date   Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:56:02 -0400

Michael, try the following:

sysuse auto, clear
svyset rep78 [pw = turn]
svy, subpop(if foreign==0): total trunk
matrix b = e(b)
scalar tot = b[1,1]
matrix v=e(V)
scalar v =v[1,1]
scalar bound =  ///
scalar  ll = tot-bound
scalar  ul = tot + bound
di  c(level) "% Confidence Interval" _newline ///
"Estimate: " %8.0fc  tot ///
 " ["%7.0fc  ll "," %8.0fc  ul "]"