Re: st: Propensity score matching: confidence intervals

Subject   Re: st: Propensity score matching: confidence intervals
Date   Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:47:02 -0500

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Ariel Linden. DrPH
<[email protected]> wrote:
> As PSMATCH2 uses regression to derive those estimates, you can do the same
> manually. In fact, I'd suggest you add robust or cluster SE's (cluster on
> pair ID). PSMATCH2 creates all the variables you'll need to run the
> regression.

I would then suspect that these standard errors are too small, in that
they don't account for the fact that some of the regressors were
generated. There was an influential paper by Murphy and Topel (1985,
JBES, http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/816962) on the
issue, and the later elegant solution by Hardin (2002, Stata Journal,
http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/4735885) that show how to
overcome the issue.