re: st: Propensity score matching: confidence intervals

From   "Ariel Linden. DrPH" <ariel.linden@gmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   re: st: Propensity score matching: confidence intervals
Date   Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:50:22 -0700

As PSMATCH2 uses regression to derive those estimates, you can do the same
manually. In fact, I'd suggest you add robust or cluster SE's (cluster on
pair ID). PSMATCH2 creates all the variables you'll need to run the
regression.

Ariel

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:22:34 +0200
From: Nyasha Tirivayi <ntirivayi@gmail.com>
Subject: st: Propensity score matching: confidence intervals

Dear All

I would like to ask for your advice on the psmatch2 software.

I am using psmatch2 to determine program impact. I am using the kernel
and nearest neighbour estimators. Kindly advise on the following:

1. To report significance of ATT which test statistic should I use,
the one labelled T-stat or the z-statistic after bootstrapping?
2. If I use the T-stat, is there a way of obtaining confidence
intervals? I need to report the confidence intervals and p-valuesl for
a medical journal.

Kindly advise

N. Tirivayi
Post-doc Fellow