RE: st: linear mixed models doubt in how to interpret the Coef

From   "Michael Ghebre" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: linear mixed models doubt in how to interpret the Coef
Date   Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:51:30 +0100

Luisa,

I think you have variable i.year_of_visit and you can use it as time; once
you do this check the coefficient sign (+ or -) and the p-value of the
interaction. If you have significant p-value then you can interpret your
results as follows:

For one unit increase in Glu the outcome variable (sdnn) decreases by 3.35
units at the baseline; however, that association (negative relationship)
declined by some units over time (if you have negative interaction effect)
or increases by some values if your interaction effect is positive.

Hope this helps
Michael