st: Predicted probability after xtlogit with i option

From   Urmi Bhattacharya <ub3@indiana.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Predicted probability after xtlogit with i option
Date   Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:29:50 -0400

Hello Statalisters,

I am running the following xtlogit model

xtlogit school_left childage i.childfemale i.urban i.scstobc
i.casteother i.dadp i.dadm i.momp i.momm wagep wage5 wage8 wage9 distp
distm disth percapcons durat1 durat2 durat3 durat4 durat5 durat6
durat7 durat8 durat9 durat10 durat11, nocons nolog i(childcaseid)

After estimation, I need to find the predicted probability for each individual.

I do the following:

predict prob,pu0

The help file says that this calculation assumes that the random
effect is 0. My question is  if it would be possible to find the
predicated probability not assuming that? Or is this the best I can
do.

Thanks

Urmi Bhattacharya