st: mixed models doubt in how to interpret the Coef

From   Luisa Soares-Miranda <>
Subject   st: mixed models doubt in how to interpret the Coef
Date   Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:25:18 +0100

Dear all,
 I am writing you because I am performing a longitudinal mix models
analyses as the following

xi: xtmixed sdnn i.year_of_visit  gender  age  smoke alcohol
waistcinrcunfrence_std  pa_std  tasis_std   trg_std  glu_std hdl_std
|| id: i.year, covariance(identity)

I have 3 years of data, my main doubt now is how can I interpret my
Coefficient? If my results I have that the Coef of Glu is  -3.35 and
the p is 0.001. Can I say that when I increase by one unit Glu sdnn
decreases -3.35 ms over 3 years? So Glu is associated with a decrease
in sdnn over time.
thank you so much for your help,