RE: st: Stata 12 Announcement

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <Peter.Lachenbruch@oregonstate.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Stata 12 Announcement
Date   Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:57:57 -0700

Amen to the MPlus commentary.  Awful user interface, mysterious output, and tests of variances using normal distribution.  What were they thinking?

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Clyde Schechter
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 12:12 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: re: st: Stata 12 Announcement

I think Stata Corp. has really hit a home run with this release.  I've
been around since version 4, and this looks like the most new capabilities
(and, from my personal perspective, the most useful new capabilities) in
that entire era.

I'm particularly looking forward to not having to use M-Plus any
more--really dislike that software.

Clyde Schechter
Department of Family & Social Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine