Re: st: impute with draws from random distribution

Subject   Re: st: impute with draws from random distribution
Date   Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:10:02 -0400

Joerg Luedicke <[email protected]>, D-Ta <[email protected]>,
Maarten, et al.--

I disagree that the proposal makes no sense at all--suppose for the
sake of argument that all observables are important to control for
only with respect to their impact on duration not participating (time
to participation), or the hazard of participation in each program; in
such a case estimating a competing-risks hazard model and predicting
durations of non-participation (median or other percentiles, probably)
then matching on predicted duration makes sense.  What does not make
sense to me is to match observed durations to predicted durations, but
it is possible that such an approach is justifiable.  I have not read
the cited papers, and I would appreciate complete references as
specified in the Statalist FAQ.