Re: st: encountering problem with esttab while attempting to get summary statistics into latex

From   Ridhima Gupta <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: encountering problem with esttab while attempting to get summary statistics into latex
Date   Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:36:35 +0100

Marteen something strange is happening. I tried to unistall estout
using the command

ado uninstall estout, from ("/users/ridhima/Library/Application
Support/Stata/ado/stbplus")

Stata then showed that:

package estout from http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/e
      'ESTOUT': module to make regression tables

(package uninstalled)

Now I tried to install it again using

ssc install estout

Now I get a message saying:

the following files already exist and are different:
    /users/ridhima/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/stbplus/_/_eststo.ado
    /users/ridhima/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/stbplus/e/estadd.ado
    /users/ridhima/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/stbplus/e/estadd.hlp
    /users/ridhima/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/stbplus/e/estout.ado
    /users/ridhima/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/stbplus/e/estout.hlp
    /users/ridhima/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/stbplus/e/eststo.ado
    /users/ridhima/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/stbplus/e/eststo.hlp
    /users/ridhima/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/stbplus/e/esttab.ado
    /users/ridhima/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/stbplus/e/esttab.hlp

no files installed or copied
(no action taken)
r(602);

When I try to unistall it again using the same command as above, it read

ado uninstall estout, from ("/users/ridhima/Library/Application
Support/Stata/ado/stbplus")

package not found
r(111);

What am I doing wrong here?