st: problems with probit after multiple imputation with ice

From   "Berger, Martin" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: problems with probit after multiple imputation with ice
Date   Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:11:55 +0200

I am using STATA 10 and have problems with running probit estimates after the multiple imputation with ice.

For illustration  the following -stupid- example, which shows what happens when using my real data:

sysuse auto, clear
ice price rep78 mpg foreign, m(5) saving(d:\temp\icetest.dta)
use d:\temp\icetest.dta, clear
mim: probit foreign price
micombine probit foreign price

The probit works fine using micombine but not using mim: - why?!

Any idea, what might cause the problem?! (maybe I don't see the obvious...)

Thanks a lot in advance - it's highly appreciated!

Dr. Martin Berger

Centre for Economic and Innovation Research
Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Sensengasse 1
A-1090 Vienna, Austria

Phone: +43 1 581 7520-2827
Fax: +43 1 581 7520-2820