Re: st: problems with probit after multiple imputation with ice

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: problems with probit after multiple imputation with ice
Date   Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:25:33 +0200

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Berger, Martin wrote:
> I am using STATA 10 and have problems with running probit estimates after the multiple imputation with ice.
> For illustration  the following -stupid- example, which shows what happens when using my real data:
> sysuse auto, clear
> ice price rep78 mpg foreign, m(5) saving(d:\temp\icetest.dta)
> use d:\temp\icetest.dta, clear
> mim: probit foreign price
> micombine probit foreign price
> The probit works fine using micombine but not using mim: - why?!
> Any idea, what might cause the problem?! (maybe I don't see the obvious...)

There are no missing values in any of the variables you used in your
-probit- model. So there is no between imputation variance in the
coefficients and -mim- seems to choke on that.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen