st: RE: Japanese Candlestick Charts

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: Japanese Candlestick Charts
Date   Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:09:17 +0100

My guess is that you can do this for yourself, and might need to.

A different but also similar problem is drawing box plots from first principles, as discussed in

SJ-9-3  gr0039  . . . . . . . . Speaking Stata: Creating and varying box plots
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q3/09   SJ 9(3):478--496                                 (no commands)
        explains how to use egen to calculate the statistical
        ingredients needed for box plots and variations of box
        plots; shows the use of twoway to then create the plots

The one-sentence summary of strategy is: produce the plot by doing different bits and pieces with different subcommands of -twoway-.

I'd like to emphasise that red-green colour-blindness is a common visual problem, so combining red and green is a lousy idea.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Michael Hecker

are Japanese Candlestick Charts (e.g.
http://www.chart-formations.com/stock-charts/_images/_candlestickChart.gif)
available in stata?

I have open, high, low, close data in my dataset and I would like to
illustrate that data using candlestick charts.