RE: st: calculating latitude and longitude of nearby point

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: calculating latitude and longitude of nearby point
Date   Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:06:40 +0100

I am still trying to work out the reversal of sign and the change of |longitude| just from going 1 mile North....

(Yes, I know I am a geographer.)

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Scott Merryman

There is an example of calculating the destination point given
distance and bearing from start point at:

http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html