st: RE: Scatter and line graphs with by option

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Scatter and line graphs with by option
Date   Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:07:07 +0100

Take out the space after the -by-

.... by(date)

... by (date)

Yes, I agree that the error message is confusing.

Beatrice Crozza

I am trying to graph the volume of my security for each day,
considering the time, because I want to consider possbile time of the
day effects.

I typed:

scatter volume time, by (date)

but I receive the error message: option by() not allowed.

However, I found this example which uses the option by:

//Changing the order of twoway graphs where the by() option is used: