st: Scatter and line graphs with by option

From   Beatrice Crozza <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Scatter and line graphs with by option
Date   Wed, 8 Jun 2011 18:01:34 +0200

Dear All,

I am trying to graph the volume of my security for each day,
considering the time, because I want to consider possbile time of the
day effects.

I typed:

scatter volume time, by (date)

but I receive the error message: option by() not allowed.

However, I found this example which uses the option by:

//Changing the order of twoway graphs where the by() option is used:

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much,