RE: -which- [was: Re: st: AW: RE: Error ivreg2 ...]

From   "Schaffer, Mark E" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: -which- [was: Re: st: AW: RE: Error ivreg2 ...]
Date   Wed, 8 Jun 2011 10:07:59 +0100

I don't see how this can make things worse.  Anyone who doesn't understand this will also not understand what -which- without -all- is reporting and what the limitations are.  Plus anyone who is in this category, doesn't understand the -which, all- output, and then asks for help in this forum, will get help with their problem from the cognocenti a bit faster.  And the ones who do understand the -which, all- output will immediately uncover the problem.  Seems to me like a case where no-one loses and some benefit.

> Nick
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Schaffer, Mark E
> <> wrote:
> > In any case, I think it helps to emphasise that the problem
> was multiple versions of -ranktest- lurking on Wiebke's
> system, as I originally suspected.
> >
> > I'm not sure this point got across originally, because
> Wiebke's original response was that "it still does not work".
>  But this is because the multiple versions were still there.
> >
> > I think the argument for making the default behaviour of
> -which- to report **all** versions is getting pretty convincing.
> >
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

registered under charity number SC000278.