Re: st: AW: RE: Error ivreg2 "must have ranktest version 01.2.02 or geater..."

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: RE: Error ivreg2 "must have ranktest version 01.2.02 or geater..."
Date   Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:08:55 +0100

You are working in the wrong directory for -ivreg2- to see the latest
version of -ranktest-.

Or equivalently, the latest version of -ranktest- was installed in the
wrong place.

-which- and -adopath- show that from where you are working -ivreg2-
will find first the older -ranktest-, so that it unsurprisingly
complains.

There are various ways round this. One is to change your -adopath-;
another is to navigate to a different directory to do your work.
Another is to uninstall the older versions on the network.

In general, you need to study the idea of -adopath- which underlies
all this, and the whole thread shows that insufficient information
defines a difficult question.

Nick