st: Series with two different base years

From   Barbara Engels <>
Subject   st: Series with two different base years
Date   Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:50:39 +0200

Dear members of Statalist,

I have two series of expenditure, both in US-$, but with two different base years (for constant prices) and two different periods covered;

1. 1980-2003, base year 1990;
2. 1990-2010, base year 2005;

I need both series to become one, with the base year being 2005 and the period covered 1980-2010;

is there any way to tell Stata to "rebase" my series, or any other way to get around this problem?

Any help is highly appreciated!