Re: st: Looping or macro needed??? - Followup question

From   Sarah Elizabeth Edgington <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Looping or macro needed??? - Followup question
Date   Fri, 03 Jun 2011 08:30:19 -0700

.
The clear command is not wiping out the log statement. Since you don't provide info on what you actually did or in what way it isn't working I can't give you any guidance on what is actually going wrong with what you've done.

Whether you make one log or eight is entirely a matter of personal preference. If you wanted to you could even do both by using the name option on one of the logs (see -help log- for more info on that).

Let's assume you want to do eight separate logs. Your setup might look like this:

foreach s in aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh {
       log using "P:\ProjectName \logs\logforMat070809_`s'.log", replace
       use  "P:\ProjectName \Mat070809_`s'.dta, clear

       log close
}

-Sarah