Re: st: reshape WDI from wide to long format

From   Sami Alameen <>
Subject   Re: st: reshape WDI from wide to long format
Date   Thu, 2 Jun 2011 17:09:29 +0300

Hi JP,

Thanks for feedback. I should add that I tried to find a routine that
would work in one shot, because that data base is easier to download
in wide format (the WB provides it in a compiled file) and that it get
updated very often that I wanted to automate the process somehow. That
seemed very optimistic.

I ended up trying the
1. wbopendata, and
2. the procedure on: (I split
the data by every 10 years)

I then merged the files.

My PC couldn't do method 2 in one shot, so I had to break the data down.

The remaining is still the naming of the data, I think the WB should
do something with that regard to promote the use of such data base.

All the best