Re: st: Inequality constraint with mata -optimize-

From   Dorothy Bridges <>
Subject   Re: st: Inequality constraint with mata -optimize-
Date   Sun, 29 May 2011 16:09:08 -0700

Thanks, Stas.  I am using ML to estimate a disequilibrium model, in
which the likelihood function is set up as in Maddala and Nelson,
"Maximum Likelihood Methods for Models of Markets in Disequilibrium,"
Econometrica, 1974.  I simply want to constrain two of the parameters
-- variances of the error terms in the demand and supply equations --
to be greater than or equal to zero.

Many thanks,