Re: st: Inequality constraint with mata -optimize-

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: Inequality constraint with mata -optimize-
Date   Sun, 29 May 2011 17:17:16 -0500

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Dorothy Bridges <> wrote:
> I'd like to constrain two parameters to be greater than zero.  I
> understand the Cc syntax for linear equality constraints, but I'm not
> sure how to code Cp'>=C.  Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Describe your problem in more detail, please. Inequality constraints
on parameters make for a rather complicated inference with weird
asymptotic distributions, so you'd be better very much aware that you
are doing the right thing.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at