Re: st: RE: Detect use of svy: prefix

Subject   Re: st: RE: Detect use of svy: prefix
Date   Wed, 25 May 2011 16:28:31 -0500

At 12:50 PM 5/25/2011, Scott Merryman wrote:
Could you use  - _on_colon_parse- on the command and then check if the
macro s(before) exists and is equal to "svy" ?

For example:

capture _on_colon_parse svy: mean x
sreturn list

Scott

Thanks Scott. I tried adding

capture _on_colon_parse: `0'

but the s(before) isn't showing up. But, I do see

macros:
              s(after) : " health female if __000001 [iw=__000002] ,    "

That suggests one possible workaround: svy calls a program using iweights, and you can check to see if iweights are being used. The one problem would be if somebody actually did want to use iweights without using svy.

There are various ways to tell if the -by- prefix has been used, e.g. function _by() . I wish there was something comparable for svy.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam