st: Right to Left Column Cascade or Adjustment

From   David Torres <torresd@umich.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Right to Left Column Cascade or Adjustment
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 11:08:00 -0400

There's probably a proper name for the process I'd like to carry out.

Say I have five columns of information with staggard cell inputs. How do I go about moving all the information in a subsequent column back through to the first column for which no information is missing on the row?

I'd like to go from something like this:

Col1   Col2     Col3    Col4    Col5

101     101
        111      333
                                 935