Re: st: Changing part of variable names

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Changing part of variable names
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 15:58:54 +0100

Not so. The only occurrence of -substr()- in the help is in the example

renvars, map("D_" + substr("@", 1, 6))

and here "substr" within an example refers to a call to Stata's
-substr()- function.

It seems odd to me now that we called the option -subst()-, not
-substr()-, but we did, and so I believe that the help file is
consistent with the syntax.