Re: st: Which test to use?

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Which test to use?
Date   Thu, 19 May 2011 09:28:26 +0100

I don't follow this. To start with,

1. If there is some rule mapping -decision- to -X- and -Y-, then there
is no information in -X- -Y- that is not in -decision-. If you have a
quantitative variable and a categorical reduction of it, it is usually
better practice to use all the information available.

2. I don't see how you can compare the frequencies of -X- and -Y-
without in effect reporting (consequences of) your rule in #1.